Event Website: http://www.corkykell.com
Summary of Event
Corky Kell, the former Head Football Coach at Wheeler High School was instrumental in creating the High School Football Classic in 1992. In fact, the Classic actually held the first football game ever played in the Georgia Dome; even before the Falcons or any college game.
Over the past ten years, the Classic has contributed more than $60,000 to the Corky Kell Scholarship Fund. Many deserving Cobb County students have benefited from those scholarships.
- 9:00 a.m. - Kell vs. Chattahoochee
- 11:45 a.m. – Grayson vs. McEachern
- 2:30p.m. – Colquitt County vs. North Gwinnett
- 5:30 p.m. – Peachtree Ridge vs. Camden County
- 8:30 p.m. – Walton vs. Brookwood
Got a Group? Get a Georgia Dome Party Suite just for this event!
High School football is paramount to the Georgia Dome and the Kell Kickoff Classic leads the pack with a season-opening five game header. Reserve your party suite today and join in on all this classic event has to offer as 10 of the state’s top teams flatten our field in a full day of high school football fun.
Contact 404.223.8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.
The Metro PCS Corky Kell Classic wants all fans to enjoy the excitement and enthusiasm of game days at the Georgia Dome. Everyone is encouraged to respect the rights of others by displaying proper etiquette.
Coaches and student-athletes of a member school, as well as individuals employed by or associated with that institution, including alumni, fans, patrons and boosters, shall conduct themselves with honesty and good sportsmanship. Their behavior shall at all times reflect the high standards of honor and dignity that characterize participation in the collegiate setting. For intercollegiate athletics to promote the character development of participants, to enhance the integrity of higher education and to promote civility in society, coaches, student-athletes and all other associated with these athletics programs and events should adhere to such fundamental values as respect, fairness, civility, honesty and responsibility. These values should be manifest not only in athletics participation but also in the broad spectrum of activities affecting the athletics program.
The NFL "Code of Conduct" applies to all guests attending games in the Georgia Dome. The “Code of Conduct” includes, but is not limited to, abstaining from the following:
- Foul, obscene or abusive language or actions
- Interfering with the progress of the game, going onto the playing field or throwing any object onto the playing field
- Unruly or careless behavior
- level of intoxication that creates a disruption to the fans around you
- Indecent exposure
- Wearing obscene or indecent clothing
- Smoking, except in designated areas outside the Georgia Dome
Violators will be removed from the Georgia Dome.
Georgia Dome Policies and Procedures prohibit the following:
- Large bags
- Flag poles
- Video cameras
- Laser pointers
All bags are subject to inspection.
For the safety and enjoyment of all fans attending Georgia Dome events, the Georgia Dome Staff enforces all laws prohibiting consumption of alcohol by minors, possession or use of controlled substances, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
Cans, bottles or food may not be brought into the Dome. Patrons with special dietary requirements may request a waiver and must have advanced written approval from Levy Restaurants (404.223.8500) three days prior to the event.
As the legal drinking age is 21, proper photo identification for proof of age is required at all locations where alcohol is served. Alcoholic beverages may not be taken out of the Georgia Dome.
For the comfort and health of all fans, the Georgia Dome is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted outside of all entry gates. If you wish to smoke, pick up a wristband at a Dome Service Center and proceed to the designated smoking areas outside the facility. You must present your wristband and your ticket to re-enter the Georgia Dome.
Banners and flags, no larger than 3’x5’, may be affixed to railings with rope, twine or plastic tie wraps (wire or tape may not be used). Hand-held banners may be no larger than 3’x3’. Banners should be event related, and the Dome reserves the right to reject any banner or flag deemed offensive, non-event-related or hazardous to public safety. For safety reasons, the Georgia Dome prohibits gas-filled balloons.
General Parking Information
- When entering the parking lot it is important to follow the directions of the parking staff. A parking pass is valid for one spot and are for vehicles only. Parking spaces cannot be reserved or saved for guests arriving at a later time.
- There are no in/out privileges. Once your vehicle has entered the lot, the permit will not be accepted again for entrance.
- Vehicles must be parked in marked spaces or as directed by parking staff.
Lots open to the Public
Yellow Lot, Orange Lot, Blue Lot, Brown Lot, Red Deck and Green Lot. All Lots are $10
Handicapped Accessible Parking
Silver Lot, Red Deck - $10
Tailgating is allowed in all stadium surface lots. The Georgia Dome values your excitement and commitment and the following policies are established to ensure tailgating is fun and safe for everyone. All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines.
- Tailgating is not permitted in the Red Deck and Gold Deck.
- Marked parking spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Amplified sound which disrupts or conflicts with the functioning or operation of any area of the Georgia Dome or public safety, as determined by Georgia Dome management, is prohibited in any parking lot.
- Tents cannot exceed 8’ x 10’
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.).
- Tailgating must be confined to the area directly behind the vehicle or in adjacent landscape areas.
- Maintain a 14’ drive aisle between rows of vehicles at all times.
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground.
- Tailgating is permitted from the time that lots open and until two (2) hours following the conclusion of the game.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.). Failure to do so may result in ejection from the parking lot.
- Please dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Please dispose of coals in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Please do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
- Propane tanks cannot exceed a cylinder size of 20 pounds.
- The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels is at the discretion of Stadium Personnel.
- Inappropriate or vulgar music and language.
Tailgating parties that do not follow these rules/regulations may result in termination of parking privileges for the current game and the remainder of the season and possible revocation of season tickets (see code of conduct).
To report problems, please call Georgia Dome Public Safety at 404-223-4911 or Text the word “Dome” to 78247.
Accessible parking spaces are available in the Red Deck and Silver Lot on a first-come first-served basis. Disabled parking placards will be checked by parking personnel and/or law enforcement to ensure the person who has been issued the placard by the State is present in the vehicle. Due to the limited number of spaces in the silver lot and red deck the occupants of the vehicle must have valid game day ticket to access the parking lot. It is strongly recommended that you arrive no later than two-hours prior to kickoff.
All vehicles parking in the Gold Deck and Silver Lot are subject to a security inspection before being allowed to park.